As the owner of a dog, you’ll need to ensure that your pet is as safe as possible at all times. If you have a large yard outside your home then you need to ensure that your pet stays within its perimeter or else you will always worry when you let it out to play. A wireless dog fence is great way to ensure that your dog stays within a certain area without you having to physically monitor its movements. An actual fence can be quite expensive to build and it still will not necessarily keep the dog inside the property if there are well-placed gaps in it.
An electronic dog fence is a device placed in your property that communicates with the dog’s collar in order to indicate to the animal that it has crossed the boundary. The dog generally received a very mild electric shock when it crosses the perimeter of the virtual fence and this signals to it that it has done something wrong. You’ll have to spend some time to train your dog how to respond to the signal from the collar, after which you can use the dog fence quite easily. Once your dog is trained, you can set the collar to emit a sound to warn the dog that it has gone too far.
Use the following tips to buy the right kind of dog fence:
1. If you move around with your dogs a lot, to houses of friends or family members for instance, you should buy a wireless fence with a base station that doesn’t have to be buried in the ground. This portable device is very convenient to use but it also costs more than devices that have to be buried.
2. The perimeter if covers should match that of your property or else your dogs will not be able to run around everywhere.
3. You should be able to adjust the level of corrective stimulus that it gives the dog.
4. If you have more than one dog then it should work with multiple dog collars.
5. The collar batteries should last very long or else you’ll have to spend a lot of money to replace them.
Once you buy a good dog fence then your dogs will have a great time playing outside in the yard for as long as you want them to. If you are going for a walk with your pets then you’ll have to switch their collars to ordinary ones.