In case you are planning to get a pet, you might want to consider getting a pet rabbit because this type of pet is something that you and your family would surely love. If you want to know more about this type of pet, here are 5 things that you need to know about rabbits:
1. If you really plan to get rabbits as your pets, then be sure that you live in a place that is not noisy. This is because rabbits get scared easily with loud noises. If you live in a place that is a bit loud, then be sure to have a sound proof place for them or give them a place where they can hide. If you have kids, you might want to inform them that when the rabbits are hiding, they should stay away from them because the tendency is for them to scratch or bite whoever they see.
2. If you really are serious about getting them as a pet, then you should know that buying one is not enough. This is because rabbits live in pairs. You do not want them to get lonely so be sure to get a pair of rabbits. Look for adorable couples or you can ask your vet or your favorite pet shop to hook you up with a good pair not only for the sake of taking care of pets but also for breeding purposes.
3. In case you want to know what to feed your rabbits, you might want to check some pet stores and ask for some recommendations regarding the best feeds to give your pets. Look for those that are in high five since that is what they need and make sure to give them greens as well. You might also want to give your pets something to nibble on such as chew sticks.
4. In terms of their behavior, you should know that rabbits are very trainable. One thing that you need though in training your pets is to have tons of patience since you really need to be patient especially in terms of litter training. You might want to ask the vet or the pet shop or you can also do some research on how you can go about litter training effectively.
5. If you plan to buy rabbits, avoid picking baby pets since they might be too young to be separated from their mothers. This might also have a high risk of their death since they still need to be with their mothers.
These are 5 things that you should know about getting a pet rabbit. Be sure to check out the things provided so when you decide to get one, you would not have problems.