It is important your dog knows how to socialize with other pets in your home. When your dog expresses an aggressive attitude towards other people in your house- when it sees a cat, another dog or some other pets outside your house, there is a need for your dog to be trained really well.
Dog Socialization is required so your dog can learn how to behave correctly in your home when guests or visitors will arrive and visit.
Here are some of the benefits of having a canine that is well trained for dog socialization with people and other pets:
- You will be very proud that your canine is a well trained canine and not a canine that is aggressive and ready to bite anybody or any pets nearby.
- You do not have to worry your canine will bite anyone.
- Your canine will know how to socialize upon seeing new people, new animals and in any situation.
- The canine that has been trained socially will know how to behave properly amongst new people and new situations.
- Similarly, in the park, market or just walking along the road at anytime, there will be no problem.
- Similarly for neighbors or people passing by your house- he will be well behaved.
- Your canine will not be chasing cats, chickens, dogs or other animals of your own neighbors.
Whether a puppy, or fully grown dog, there must be constant training so that your dog will not forget it’s dog socialization and continually practice how to behave properly in different situations and circumstances.
Your canine will become very friendly to other pets as well as individuals if it is always exposed to other animals and people around him. It is also necessary you exercise your dog once a day either early in the morning or late in the afternoon by walking or running.
With regular walking, your dog will get accustomed to seeing other people and other pets as well.
In case you cannot teach your dog about dog socialization there are many pet socialization classes for your dog to be trained to behave properly.
Animal clinics also offer services to help your dog behave properly.
As the pet owner you must be always calm when your walk is being walked outside in case other dogs are encountered. And always remember your dog can sense your body language and knows when you fear the other dog approaching, which can also influence your dog’s behavior towards it.